[X4U] FaceTime and local networks

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 13 15:56:45 PST 2011

Jens,

Please excuse the top post (but you seem happy with that
practice so “When in Rome” ...).

For iChat, no the Macs could use Bonjour which doesn’t require
an email address. as long as they all have built in (or built
on) iSights or web cams they will pick each other up as soon as
ichat is opened.

I have a client who uses it as an intercom, video / speech only
conferencing tool (even for limited file sharing).

FaceTime however I believe uses email addresses (to be honest to
me, FaceTime just = iChat for iOS devices).

Regards,

Mark

--
Regards,