[X4U] Software to compare directories?

Tommy Bollman tommyb06 at student.uia.no
Thu Jan 13 17:30:57 PST 2011

Hello.
I'm sorry for a very late reply to this thread.
Filemerge comes with Snow Leopard Preinstalled, and maybe Leopard as well. If you use Tiger you must install the Developer tools. Filemerge is included in developer tools in the folder:
/Developer/Applications (at least under Snow Leopard).

It will at least show the differences of two folders gui style. Although the rest is up for you to do manually.

HTH.

Tommy
Den 8. sep. 2010 kl. 14.25 skrev Michael Elliott:

> On Aug 29, 2010, at 8:47 PM, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any freeware out there that can be used to compare the contents of a couple directories?  I'm trying to merge some hard drives, and I know I have duplication.
>>
>> Zane
>>

> Try "Sybchronize! Pro". You can select two directories to synchronize, and check the option to "show files to copy."
>
> This will bring up a list of every file that is going to be copied in either direction. It shows the file size and last modified dates and times for each file.

Best regards

Tommy Bollman