[X4U] Yes, the list was "paused"...oops!

Perren Smith perrens at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 23:02:30 PST 2011

Hello All,

Since folks are wondering I thought I would provide brief insight as to why the list server went "AWOL" since 10/23/2010...

Simply put, the list server hardware was restarted on 10/23/10 for facility upgrades at the hosting facility. The host installed a new UPS battery backup system requiring all server hardware to take a moment of pause. Apparently the restart wasn't fully happy and queued up all messages since instead of delivering them properly since that event.

That's the reason for the flood of stored up messages yesterday (1/13/11) after the administrators figured out what was happening and gave the hardware another firm kick in the pants.

Anyway, all is well again. Welcome back everyone!

Thanks,

--Perren