[X4U] Lion: Anyone got it yet?

Jon Kreisler jonkreisler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:09:40 PDT 2011

It took about 2 hours (cable modem) for me to download using the App Store
application. The download failed after about 2.8 GB and had to restart, but
it picked up from where it left off, nicely.
It downloads into your Applications folder to an app named "Install Mac OS X
Lion.app".
Right-click and show package contents to reveal the contents folder.
Open the contents folder and then the SharedSupport folder within that.
Use the file named "InstallESD.dmg" as the source for Disk Utility to burn
an image to DVD.
Once the DVD is burned, it is bootable, but seems to take an extremely long
time to boot.

Jon