[X4U] Lion: Anyone got it yet?

cat soul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Wed Jul 20 10:51:51 PDT 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 10:46 AM, Allan Rube wrote:

> If I purchase it and click install, nothing happens. Is this
> because the servers are overloaded? I would have thought I would
> get some sort of message to that effect.

If I'm reading you correctly, you expect Lion to begin installing
itself onto your Mac right after you click "Install" live from the
App store?

Lion must first be downloaded to your Mac…THEN you will see an icon
you can use to install.

I would advise first backing up the download to DVD; instructions for
this simple procedure are online, here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20080989-263/how-to-create-an-os-
x-lion-installation-disc