[X4U] Lion: Anyone got it yet?

cat soul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Wed Jul 20 11:20:23 PDT 2011

IIRC, and this was only about an hour ago, the button I got said
"Download."

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's feasible for you to
download a 4-gigabyte OS across the internet, and on the strength of
that contention, I'd click Download.

However, I'd also want to make sure (that's how I roll) so, can you
call apple, or visit their Discussions board?

Everything I have read has it happening like this:

1. You see a round Lion icon in your dock, also with a little
progress bar

2. At download's end, you have an item in your Applications
folder...the item will have an obvious name, like "Install Lion.dmg"
or similar

3. You are advised to burn a DVD with this downloaded goody.

4. The downloaded Lion Installer will disappear from your hard drive
as soon as you install Lion from that downloaded Installer.

I have reports of a download time of 2hours on the low side from
cable modem users. I'm looking at a total time of 7 hours myself.

Hope this help. I can't think of why you'd see an "Install" button
while in the app store when I saw "Download."

curious..