[X4U] can't boot from lion to one of my snow leopard drives

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:30:06 PDT 2011

Hi all.

In addition to my hard drive that has Lion now on it, I have two usb
drives and a firewire drive with snow leopard on them. All this was
working fine until I installed Lion. Now, in my lion install, when I go to
system preferences > startup disk, system preferences just goes busy and
voiceover says that system preferences has no windows; I end up having to
force quit system preferences. Trying to boot with the technique of
holding the option key down at startup is pretty hit-and-miss since I'm
blind and voiceover won't talk until the system boots up. Does anybody
have an idea why this might be hapening. I can access other system
preference items; only startup disk seems to be affected. All the other
drives do show up in disk autility and I can definitely navigate to all of
them in finder.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl