[X4U] Solved: can't boot from lion to one of my snow leopard drives

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:11:16 PDT 2011

I've solved my Lion problems. The problem was with eset cyber security. I
hadn't seen the notice from Eset about uninstalling and reinstalling until
after I'd installed Lion, and since I wasn't having the problems Eset
listed, I didn't think I needed to reinstall it - bad choice!!! But I'm
not going to attempt to reinstall Eset until I'm sure lion is working
okay. When I uninstalled the Eset package, it apparently took my plist for
login items at startup with it, but when I did the uninstall on the
external drive I was ready for this and saved my
Library/Preferences/Loginwindow.plist somewhere else and put it back after
uninstalling Eset Cyber Security and restarting.

--
Cheryl

"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,