[X4U] problem with printing

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed Jul 27 06:08:58 PDT 2011

Couple options.

1. In your Actiontec you can reserve a particular IP for your printer based on it's MAC address so it will always get the same IP.
2. You can assign a static IP to the printer . . . usually this is by letting it get one from the Actiontec then browsing to that IP in Safari. From there you can change the printer from DHCP to static IP and give it a fixed IP, subnet mask, and gateway (use the same gateway and mask that the DHCP provided).
3. You can connect to the printer via Bonjour networking instead.

On Jul 26, 2011, at 5:17 PM, Allan Rube wrote:

> The problem I have involves my HP 2100 tn printer on my home network.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil