[X4U] problem with printing

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Thu Jul 28 08:11:17 PDT 2011

TTFN:

 neil

On Jul 28, 2011, at 9:34, Allan Rube <arube570 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Chris Long and Neil Laubenthal for helping me. I thought I would mention what I have done so far.
>
> 1. Haven't figured out how to do this but was told by Fairpoint Fios that I would have to purcahse a static ip number from them first. I was also told I have to contact HP to find out if my 2100 tn printer is capable  of having a static ip.

They are wrong. Static ip for $ is on the outside of your router

> 2. I tried going to 192.168.1.10 (what the printer is now) on my browser but got a message "Macintosh OS is not supported to run this application."

Maybe the 2100 doesn't have the configuration page. You can still login to the Actiontec, get the MAC of the printer and reserve a particular ip in the dhcp settings for that MAC. Will always get the same ip then.

> 3. My printer is too old for Bonjour.
>
> If I need help from Fairpoint there is a one time fee of $75. That got me thinking it might be easier to buy a new printer that users Bonjour. That leads to two questions

Don't bother paying them,fixing this is easy.