[X4U] Poor Cell Phone Reception at home

Ken Johnson kenjohnso at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:11:33 PDT 2011

There are "repeaters" that live inside your home and both strengthen and re-transmit the signals for your cell phone.  They are not inexpensive, but you own them and do not incur a monthly up-charge from the service provider.  I believe they are rf devices, and simply strengthen signals.... So they are not we'd to one system or another (assuming they cover the spectrum you use).

I was in the process of adding one of these, when I acquired the iphone-4 and switched to AT&T.  With the case on the phone, my signal became strong enough that I don't need it anymore.  Prio to that, I could not connect with Verizon or with T-Mobile in my office.

Yes, there are a lot of them on the market.

Ken