[X4U] Screen shot

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 12:37:50 PDT 2011

On 6/25/11,  Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> Isn't there a method to give me the name Picture back in 10.6 when I take
>acom-shift-4?
> I don't like Screen Shot with a date.

In Snow Leopard, the format's set in:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings
in this section.

/* Format screencapture file names */

Between the quotes on the right side of theequals sign is the date and time
section. Just edit it, using something like TextEdit, to something like this:

/* Format screencapture file names */
"%@ %@ at %@" = "Picture";

Make sure to not leave it empty! Using the above example, the first screen shot
file will be named Picture, and then Picture 1, Picture 2, etc. BTW, there
aren't any guarantees, so dabbling within the system's innards requires that
you take all responsibily for your actions.