[X4U] No PowerPC Apps Will Run Under Lion!

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Mar 1 07:00:10 PST 2011

On 2/28/11 2:51 PM, "Michael Burton" <michaelburton at brainrow.com> wrote:

> Here's a quick-n-dirty Applescript to find PowerPC-only applications.

I tried it. It returned an error on "item 59", and then I had some
difficulty dismissing the "untitled" file it was creating. The list it
generated included LOTS of things that I'm sure contain Intel code, because
it reports all the Universal apps as well as those that are PPC only.

Using "About this Mac" under "Software" I found a bunch of little utilities
that I never use, such as "IP in Menubar", some of those mentioned by
others, as well as:

    the usenet Newsreader that I still use those few times that I bother
with usenet (Thoth, which I think has no chance of being updated)

    MacSolitaire (what WILL I do to waste time when I can't sleep at 3 am? -
answer is update to McSolitaire - first thing I've downloaded from the Mac
App Store)

    Microsoft's XML convertors (but I think these are Office 2004 versions

    Something called "ROMDekonizer" (GOOGLE doesn't even know what that is,
and Watson isn't on my "friends" list yet)

    WebConfidential (lost out to 1Password long ago and apparently is no
longer being developed anyway)

Jim Robertson