[X4U] Outlook 2011 to Thunderbird

Allan Rube arube570 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:40:18 PST 2011

I found moving messages is easy. I created a folder on my desktop for each
folder in outlook. Then I selected all the messages in a folder and just
dragged them to the folder on my desktop. I then opened Thunderbird, created
a corresponding folder, and then dragged the messages from my desktop into
this.

Contacts is causing the problem now. I have been able to export contacts
into a text file and then import into TB. However, all that shows up in the
address book list is a small icon for each contact ­ and the icons are all
the same. If I want information on contact Joe Smith, I just have to keep
clicking on similar icons till I get the one that is Joe's.

Allan