[X4U] default application

Tommy Bollman tommyb06 at student.uia.no
Sun May 1 11:58:26 PDT 2011

Hello Gregory.
I must say that I have never used VMWare, but I notice some "spooky" things going around when using Parallells as well.

I must say that the "Default Apps" pref pane never have let me down. there you have all kinds of possibilities with file extensions uti's, mime-types etc.
Can't remember where I found it but it is within the last year last time, and  google will send you in the right direction.

Hopes this helps and good luck.

Den 1. mai 2011 kl. 20.15 skrev Gregory Wiest:

> Hello,
>
> I thought I knew how to do this, but I cannot succeed in convincing my OS 10.6.7 to open an .xsl or an .xml file in my favorite editor.  My attempts with RCDefaultApp have failed up till now.  When I use the get info window and check change others, I keep getting Internet Explorer as installed on VMWare instead of what I want. I hope that someone on this list can offer a helpful hint.
>
> Greetings,
> Gregory Wiest
> http://www.chasing-rainbow-productions.de

Best regards