[X4U] default application

Tommy Bollman tommyb06 at student.uia.no
Mon May 2 10:09:59 PDT 2011

Hello.
Parallells doesn't do the same thing. When  parallells is closed you won't get to see Windows programs and such in spotlight.
I have never made a file association for a windows program in Mac OsX, since windows is - sometimes a necessity for courses.
I can see that it is useful but still ... It may be ok for an app to override a system set association. But I can't see anything ok with
a viritualizer doing the same thing. It is kind of "hijacking". It is good for you that you are pleased with the behavior though.

Den 2. mai 2011 kl. 14.00 skrev Rod Buchanan:

> On May 1, 2011, at 8:17 PM, Tommy Bollman wrote:
>
>> Hello Gregory.
>> You should file that as a bug. VmWare shouldn't interfere with system settings when it is not running.
>> Den 1. mai 2011 kl. 22.55 skrev Gregory Wiest:
>
> It's a "feature," not a bug.
>
> I believe their intent (Parallels does the same I think) is to allow you to open files in a Windows' app if you wish, even if a VM is not running.
>
>>> I found it!  It was a preference setting in VMWare Fusion.  It was overriding all of my local default settings.  I wasn't aware that those settings had any influence on my host system, when no virtual systems were running.
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Gregory Wiest
>>> http://www.chasing-rainbow-productions.de

> --