[X4U] Widget Defaults

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:14:04 PDT 2011

That helped a bunch.

I didn't know about the killall Dock command. And the key to making it
work was making a copy of the system version of Stickies widget and
pasting a copy of it in my own library.  ie  ~/Library/Widgets.  That
took care of the permissions problems I was having.

These instructions worked fine in Snow Leopard. I'm guessing that
they'l work fine in 10,5 too.

To change the default font in Stickies to one of the stock fonts
included in the widget do this.

Make a copy of the Stickies widget in your own library.
Change the name of the Stickies package to something meaningful to you.
Open with right click Show Package contents"
Open the Stickies.js file with yr text editor. ( used free Text Wrangler)
Look for the section labeled Preferences

Change the line
var kDefaultFont  = "MarkerFelt-Thin";

var kDefaultFont  = "Helvetica";
(or what ever font you want. Choose from the list on the Sticky info button. )
Or install one using the method in Slydude's earlier posting.

The Save the modified file.

Then run the killall Dock command from Terminal Double click on yr
customised Stickies package to start it .

Et voilà.  The new notes now have a new default font.

Thaks for your help Slydude!