[X4U] Where's the MacBooks on the Apple Store?

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 7 11:48:38 PST 2011

Just as I was about to purchase a refurb MacBook from the online
Apple Store, they've all disappeared. They were all listed Sunday
morning, but were gone by Sunday afternoon. And they are still gone.
Anybody know why?

Also, is there a definitive source that I can go to to see if a
particular MacBook could be upgraded or have parts swapped with
another? I've got a white MacBook purchased two years ago. We're
gonna get a refurb MacBook Pro from the Apple store and I wanna know
if I can swap the bigger HD and better video card from the new one to
my old one, since my wife doesn't care about that stuff.

Thanks!