[X4U] Where's the MacBooks on the Apple Store?

John McClernan mcclernan1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 15:16:17 PST 2011

"MacBook" is still a category listed on the Apple refurb page. Maybe they just don't have any to sell at the moment. Keep checking. I'm sure that there are some out there still under warranty that could end up on the refurb list.

There are resellers who also sell refurbs, such as smalldog.com
Cheers,
John

On Nov 7, 2011, at 2:52 PM, Lists wrote:

On Nov 7, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> Just as I was about to purchase a refurb MacBook from the online Apple Store, they've all disappeared. They were all listed Sunday morning, but were gone by Sunday afternoon. And they are still gone. Anybody know why?
>
> Also, is there a definitive source that I can go to to see if a particular MacBook could be upgraded or have parts swapped with another? I've got a white MacBook purchased two years ago. We're gonna get a refurb MacBook Pro from the Apple store and I wanna know if I can swap the bigger HD and better video card from the new one to my old one, since my wife doesn't care about that stuff.

The Macbook was discontinued, so I expect supplies of refurbs have dwindled.

The video chipset is part of the logic board. It cannot be swapped to your MacBook.

The hard drive can be swapped. It's a standard off-the-shelf drive.

--
Scott