[X4U] Options for internal SATA drive to external

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Wed Nov 9 06:43:38 PST 2011

On 9 Nov 2011, at 14:19, Crandon David wrote:

> So, I'm making the switch from my old upgraded G4 tower to a newer MacBook Pro.
>
> I've got several internal SATA hard drives. What are my options for hooking these up to the MacBook Pro?
>
> Surely somebody has come up with a simple option for an adaptor cable for SATA to USB2 or Firewire, with an AC adaptor without having to buy a case for each HD?

I've got a simple USB to SATA cable sitting next to me. It tends to get used when swapping drives around. Very handy it is to. My one looks like the one at:

<http://www.usbnow.co.uk/Adapters_&_Connectors-USB_to_SATA_Adapters/c42_49/p42/USB_2.0_to_SATA_Hard_Drive_Kit_+_Power_Adapter_(VE250/385)/product_info.html>

Simon