[X4U] Font problems - Snow Leopard

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Thu Nov 24 11:01:06 PST 2011

I have a lot of fonts I need to review, and have been using Font Book in this task.

I began noticing weird things like in Google searches, some font changes, and in Mail, the unread message count numbers aren't vertically centered in their little "bubbles." X-chat won't let me enter type into the chat window..I get a beachball and "not responding."

all makes me think my fonts are hosed..

so, what's the way to get them back to correct, and how to prevent in future?

Is Font Book still messed up? I recall it having problems when first introduced, but that was quite a long time ago.

thank you for any clues and advice.

cat