[X4U] pdf

Ray Choiniere rfchoiniere at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:36:19 PDT 2011

Hello all;

I have an interesting — and exasperating — problem. I'm using OS 10.7.2 on
my Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.

Recently (I wish I could remember precisely when; perhaps when I did the
first of the Lion updates?) I have found that I can't download .pdf files,
and I very often cannot download applications either. This is most
noticeable when I try a download from CNET Downloads, but it has cropped up
on other sites as well, though less consistently I think.

I've  used Safari for a long time (now using the latest version) and the
problem is there consistently. I've  tried using Firefox (also the latest
version I believe) and occasionally I am successful with it, but I can't
count on that being the case on any particular occasion.

I've  check Preferences in both Safari and the OSX Preferences pane, but I
can't find anything that seems to account for the problem. Part of the
problem is that I'm really an amateur at troubleshooting the Mac, and still
very new to Lion. So if anyone can offer words of wisdom I would be most
grateful!

Thanks;
Ray Choiniere