[X4U] Eudora 6.2.4 problems on 10.6.8 (Zane H. Healy) (Rick Gordon)

stephen e. schwartz ses at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 5 12:34:15 PDT 2012

thanks guys.

>Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 21:41:25 -0700
>From: "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com>
>Subject: Re: [X4U] Eudora 6.2.4 problems on 10.6.8 (Zane H. Healy)
>
>I'd actually given you bad info yesterday.  I was thinking of
>selecting something in Eudora, and telling it to do a web search.
>Double-clicking on URL's works fine for me.

as noted, a reboot fixed that problem.

>For your Command-M issue, take a look at the Miscellaneous pane under
>settings.  I think you have something set in there.  Though that
>makes it Shift-Command-N for me...

this doesnt work for me.

>I wonder if something could be overriding some keys at a OS level?

could be. ergonomically I prefer command-m (one hand) to
command-shift-m (two hands) but such is life.

--

>Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 18:14:54 -0700
>From: Rick Gordon <lists at rickgordon.com>
>Subject: Re: [X4U] Eudora 6.2.4 problems on 10.6.8
>
>Open a new message and paste this in:
>
><x-eudora-setting:32414>
>    Command key replacement for Check Mail. 0-none, 1-shift, 2-option,
>    4-control, followed by the command key.
>
>Double-click the x-eudora command, and change your preference.

the long list of eudora hidden settings is discussed at

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2116hq.html

and the list of settings at

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/mac/download/X-Eudora-Settings.txt.

----

At 7:30 PM -0700 4/4/12, Rick Gordon wrote:
>BINGO!
>
><x-eudora-setting:352>
>    Check to shift-cmd-N for check mail just like Apple's Mail
>    application. Use cmd-M to minimize window.

I cant get this to seem to do anything. It says "check" but it offers
a textbox.

---

again, thanks; -steve