[X4U] Recent Malware Threats; What To Do

Marcel Vachon AnserMan at usnco.com
Fri Apr 6 12:23:42 PDT 2012

On Apr 6, 2012, at 3:00 PM, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

A big THANK YOU to Randy for such an easy to understand explanation of the issue. I've been reading about this on other sites and it's a bit of information overload!  Your kinds of explanations are the reason why we buy all of your Mac OS Bible 10.x books!

The only thing that I am uncertain about is, other than crashing the Mac, what are the other downsides of the virus?  Does the malware steal the users passwords and mail them back to a home base somewhere? Does the malware slow the system down a lot? Is the virus passed on to others via infected email?

Please let me know and thank you,

Marcel