[X4U] Point -n- Shoot recommendations?

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 12:58:50 PDT 2012

On Apr 9, 12, at 12:19 PM, Jesse D. Leo wrote:

> Heyas,
>
> Our trusty ol' Powershot finally died, so we're looking around for a decent point and shoot in the $230-$300 range. Keep in mind we are novices and wouldn't know how to use many of the advanced features cameras come loaded with these days. Some video but not much, mostly just outdoor shots of the kids and vacation, etc... the usual stuff. Read a good review of this Nikon Coolpix 300, but of course we'd love any advice yawls have:
>
> http://www.macworld.com/article/1161528/nikon_coolpix_p300.html
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jesse
> x4u

*
Jesse:  For a small point-and-shoot, you can't go wrong with either a Nikon or a Canon.

The "Digital Photography Review" is an excellent source of information on cameras:

   http://www.dpreview.com/

There are dozens of reviews of the Nikon P300 here:

   http://search.dpreview.com/?q=nikon+p300

Have fun!  I am a Nikon fan -- I use primarily the D-5000 SLR.

earle
*
Earle Jones           
501 Portola Road  #8008