[X4U] I want my old Leopard scroll bars back!

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Aug 2 21:00:14 PDT 2012

On Aug 2, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Crandon David wrote:

> Have any third party developers come out with a utility that will
> change the scroll bars back to Snow Leopards larger, wider bars
> that have arrows?

No, but you can get them to be quite a bit more like them.

System Preferences --> General
The middle section of the General preference pane controls when
scroll bars appear and a few additional scroll bar options.
To return the scroll bars to their pre-Lion functionality, select
"Always" from the Show Scroll Bars options.
The scroll bars will now always be visible, even when you're not
scrolling.

System Preferences --> Mouse
Uncheck "Move content in the direction of finger movement when
scrolling or navigating".
This will cause the scroll bars to move as they did previously.

In Mountain Lion, scroll-bars are wider than they are in Lion.
http://www.thetokyoblonde.net/new-scrollbars-in-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion/

I do recommend a scroll-wheel mouse to lessen the loss, if you don't
already have one.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html