[X4U] I want my old Leopard scroll bars back!

Jim Warthman jwarthmanlists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 10:17:42 PDT 2012

On Aug 4, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> True. But there are times when it isn't as efficient.
>
> For instance, if I'm trying to scroll way way way down a long list of pages, it takes a while to use two fingers.

David, I totally agree! Any more, this is about the only time I actually need to click on the controls in the scroll bar. Other times I find scrolling with the Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad to be more effective and "natural".

> Or, sometimes when reading text or looking through a list of items/lines it's more efficient to click in the scrollbar area because then you get an exact one page movement.

A long time ago I started using the "page up/page down" keys rather than this method. Of course different people prefer different techniques.