[X4U] Hot iMac-24

Ken Johnson kenjohnso at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:45:55 PDT 2012

OK - installed the iStat Menus pgm.  Temperatures are all over the place; as cool as 90F (doing e-mails), and as high as 145F (while on an extended Skype).  So, I now have data, but little information ;-)  What constitutes too "hot"?

Also vacuumed out the vent ports, top and bottom - but they looked perfectly clean before, and unchanged after.  I can hear the fan noise, and even feel the airflow at the bottom (intake), so that seems to be working OK.

Not sure what else to do, so I'll just keep using it.

Ken