[X4U] New iPad setup woes

Jim Warthman jwarthmanlists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 10:20:34 PDT 2012

On Aug 5, 2012, at 8:39 AM, Ken Johnson wrote:

> Acquired a new iPad-2, and moved over from iPad-1 using iTunes. All my apps loaded automatically, but NONE of my data files.  Yes I backed up old one regularly. My question is - is there a way to restore data files from older b/u of prev iPad?  Or am I starting all over?

Ken, can you describe the steps you took using iTunes to get your stuff on the new iPad 2?

In my experience, moving from an old to a new iOS device works quite well, with little information "lost" in the process.

You might take a look here, then help us understand what you've done already:

   http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
   http://gigaom.com/apple/transfer-your-old-data-to-your-new-ipad/
   http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/16/transfer-old-ipad-to-new-ipad/
   http://www.macworld.com/article/1158497/migrating_from_an_old_ipad.html

Note that, whatever you've done, it's possible to reset your new iPad and start over with a fresh "restore".

Enjoy,

Jim