[X4U] LG

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Mon Aug 6 10:32:21 PDT 2012

On Aug 6, 12, at 4:41 AM, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> I'm watching a program on Discovery about LG TV's.  I didn't know that they belong to Samsung.
> What I do know is that about 2 year ago I had read in my newspaper that there were so many bad TV's from LG.
> And now it make sense about my brother his Samsung.  I didn't say anything when I saw it at first.
> This was not good.  I haven't seen anything from Samsung lately, but I've my doubts.
>
> Paul Moortgat

*
Paul:  LG does not "belong" to Samsung.  They are different companies.

LG, formerly Lucky-GoldStar was the merger of two companies:  Lucky Limited, a petrochemical company, and GoldStar Electronics, which made appliances and electronics.

Samsung and LG today share the same warranty service company and also some assembly operations.

I lived in Seoul from 1988 through 1992 and visited both companies many times.

earle
*
Earle Jones           
501 Portola Road  #8008