[X4U] Printopia for iPad

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Aug 30 22:59:22 PDT 2012

I am using this program with my 3rd Generation iPad and it works perfectly as long as you have your base Macintosh and your printer turned on. I have two primary printer drivers installed on my 24" iMac, an HP Photosmart for color printing and a Brother laser for text, and they show up on my iPad when I send a print order. Both printers are turned on 24/7, so both are available when I want to print from my iPad. Just be sure to have your base Mac turned on at the same time.

In the print dialogue window, I get the opportunity to select which printer to use, so it is almost just like printing from my iMac.