[X4U] Printopia for iPad

Jim Warthman jwarthmanlists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:40:24 PDT 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> For Wes:
>
> The Network numbers are not the same.  I downloaded Airport Utility and was told that the Base Station doesn't have a valid IP address.

Paul, did you use the Airport Utility with your D-Link, or do you have an Airport base station of some type as well?

> I don't know how to get one.  I also have Air Sharing which now gives me an IP address https://10.0.1.2 and it was before: https://10.0.1.3
> There's also https://Imeldas-iPad.local and in dimmed text Bonjour under it.
> I don't see a point to it.
>
> For Jim:
>
> When I pull the plug the iPad is no longer visible in iTunes.  The D-Link also has the cable TV on it.  Now with US Open tennis on is asking for problems )).

Paul, it's still not clear if you've *set up* WiFi sync on the iMac. The fact that the iPad is no longer visible in iTunes when you pull the plug could bean you have a connectivity issue, and it could also mean that WiFi Sync is simply not configured in iTunes.

 (Please see my earlier message).

Thanks,

Jim