[X4U] Separate photos in email

John McClernan mcclernan1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 1 16:38:53 PST 2012

Al,
Before you go to any other programs, check this first.
Look at the e-mail in your Mail.app main message viewer window. I'm going to make the assumption that you are using Apple's Mail.app
At the top of the e-mail you received, you see:

Under those, you see a triangle that is probably pointing to the right, then a paper clip icon, then "1 Attachment".
If it says "6 Attachments" instead, the photos have already been separated. The mail program may have stitched them together. It that's the case, click on the "Save" button next to it and the photos will automatically go to wherever you save downloads (probably the Downloads Folder). Alternately, you can just drag them out of the mail message one by one.

If there is indeed only 1 attachment, and the photos are stitched together, the easiest way (IMHO) to separate them is to take screenshots:  hold down the apple and shift keys and they press the number "4" on your keyboard. That will give you crosshairs that you can drag over each of the individual photos. Release the mouse button and you will have a screenshot of the portion you dragged over. You will find the screenshot in the location you have set to save things (usually the Documents Folder or the Desktop). Rename each one in the same way you would name a folder or other document.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
John