[X4U] New Computer........

LAL lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Sat Feb 11 07:09:50 PST 2012

I am FINALLY biting the bullet and on Monday, ! am getting a new 15"
Pro notebook.

(Upgrading from a 17" G4 so this is a titanic leap)

I have heard that there are no more discs that come with the computer
and that installation of a virgin LION system software requires a
visit to the app store. (But if one can't do that, then........????)

I know I can back up the software to a hard drive, but I cannot do
that until after I go thru the initial startup sequence....

Or can I?????

(cannot tell U how many times needed to reinstall system software on
the G4....)

Someone have a hint here...

And, since this is as factory fresh as one can get, what is the
collective wisdom of this group as to what are the first things I
should do to maximize the probability of this one operating as
designed....

If there is something you wish you did when starting up with a new
laptop and did not, but are willing to share, please do.

I am all ears....

Lee
APO AE