[X4U] Any comment about this?

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Fri Jan 6 10:59:48 PST 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 4:21 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Java Based Cross Platform Malware Trojan (Mac/Linux/Windows)
>
> <http://www.zimbio.com/Spyware/articles/bt4BhNyD7wU/Java+Based+Cross+Platform+Malware+Trojan+Mac>
>
> Paul Moortgat

Happy New Year, Paul and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Advice I got elsewhere include: don't visit risky sites, such as "warez" sites. don't click on fake twitter or facebook emails, don't accept squirrelly certificates, AND do not operate as"Admin."

I just made a new user, made that Admin, demoted my regular user to Standard, and gave it a new robust password. Robust, new password also to new Admin user.

according to the post at the link below, this thing has been out there for awhile, so..I'm guessing if you had it you'd know by now, but I choose to err on the side of safety.

cheers,

cat

http://www.intego.com/news/trojan-horse-os-x-koobface-a-affects-mac-os-x.asp