[X4U] Laser Printer Recommendation

Paul Biddlecomb bidlecom at usc.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:24:27 PST 2012

We have been using an old HP LaserJet 2300d for printing labels for the last couple of years, and it finally gave up and died.  We got it used, so don’t really know how old it is.

We need to replace it, and I was wondering what suggestions you on this list might have. The following are features that would be needed:

 *   Networkable, either wireless or Ethernet (we had the 2300d running as a shared printer on an old Mac, which worked, but would prefer to have it directly on the network)
 *   Work well with both Windows NT (and later) and Mac OS X
 *   Monochrome
 *   Print on label stock (2-up 5.5 x 8.5 labels per sheet)
 *   Inexpensive (management says <$100, but would probably go to $150)
 *   Speed is not a great issue, and it is only used for about 75 labels per week

Thanks,
Paul