[X4U] Can my iMac handle OS 10.7?

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Mon Jan 16 20:04:59 PST 2012

On Jan 16, 2012, at 10:28 PM,1/16, Nick Scalise wrote:
> Right, when I sent my original response, it was the dissenting opinion.
>
> Now you tell me that I am the prevailing opinion and that you are dissenting.

I guess we're having one of those circular discussions:-) Don't take it personally . . .I don't. Frequently email discussions get confusing unless you review the whole thread before replying . . .which I didn't do in this particular case.

> If entourage was the culprit, which it very well may be, why did it not perform badly on 10.6?

Dunno; I thought it was slow on 10.6 and haven't tried it with 10.7 . . .it's a bloated pile of crap like most Microsoft software as far as I'm concerned. 10.7 is different from 10.6 . . .I've seen a few things that worked differently under different versions of the OS. I think your perception of a performance hit must be different frommine.

> Lastly, you then go on to tell me to get more RAM, so I guess we do agree that Lion needs more RAM!

Nope . . .I was just suggesting that since you think it needs more RAM you might buy some. I haven't found it to be necessary.

> Have fun on your travels.

We are . . .being no longer in the work force is pretty cool . . .we get to get up late, stay up late if we want to, and don't have to fight traffic any more.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil