[X4U] White 2008 Macbook and Lion

Jim Warthman jwarthmanlists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 20:45:02 PDT 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 6:10 PM, catsoul wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2012, at 5:20 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>
>> I've been in touch with, literally, many thousands of Mac users who upgraded to Lion.  While it is true that many folks had issues with Lion, you are the first who has reported problems after doing a clean install.  (That is, instability or features that don't work.  Plenty of users are unhappy with some of the new features, but those aren't defects.)  My guess is that at this point you have a hardware problem that is causing your difficulties, not a software problem. A wild guess would be that you have out of spec or failing RAM.
>

> perhaps, but my Mac has been tested extensively, twice, by an authorized Apple repair place. and Extensively by me. I've spend probably 100 hours on the phone with apple tech support over Lion-related issues.
>
> with snow leopard? maybe a couple hours total.
>
> I am not going to trade scars with you over this. If you think that Lion is issue-free, then I am glad for you. Anyone else having the opposite experience apparently confronts a gauntlet of Apple-can-do-no-wrong.
>
> I haven't been personally in touch with, literally, many thousands of Mac users.
>

> So I guess you win.

Honestly, we don't need yet another thread to escalate into unnecessary attacks.

To be clear, I think nobody on this list, including Randy, is claiming that Lion is "issue-free".

Cat, can you (re-) state what specific issues you've had with Lion after a clean install? Perhaps we can get helpful responses...

Enjoy,

Jim