[X4U] iTunes music all scrambled

Craig Finseth fin at finseth.com
Tue Jun 12 19:57:36 PDT 2012

First, the metadata in the online service that Apple used (and, as far as I know, all other services) is very inconsistent.

Normally, I use it as a starting place and replace most of it with my own entries.  But I have a good sized library  (25,000+ songs) and want to be able to find things.

The first thing that you need to do is to ensure that you have the disks and tracks in the correct order and that they are numbered (are you displaying the disk # and track # fields?)

Then, you need to ensure that you are sorting in the right order when  dragging into playlists.  For example, if you are sorting an album by track name and drag it to a playlist, that's the order that it uses. You want to be sure to sort by track # first.

If you supply more specifics, I may be able to help more.

Craig