[X4U] Mountain Lion the "clean up" version?

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Jun 26 12:07:49 PDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> I can tell you that one of the most complained about new features in Lion, the removal of the "Save As" feature from some applications, has been partially rectified.  "Save As" will return, but only as a keyboard shortcut, not as a menu item.  Sort of a grudging consolation from Apple for long-time users who couldn't get used to the new Duplicate command.
>
> What else were you thinking of that you feel needed to be "cleaned up?"

While the "Save As" thing is important, I would categorize that more as a UI misstep than something buggy, but I do respect how important Save As is to many people, myself included..

I'm talking about Spaces/Mission Control, Launchpad, primarily, and several other things. I suppose I'll remember more after I hit "Send" but the web is chock full of tales of woe for both Mission Control and Launchpad.

I find the functions those 2 represent very useful. I've had to abandon Launchpad because it rearranges things upon restart, with no real fix. Mission Control "loses" desktop assignments regularly, also with no real fix.

These things need to be fixed so that they work properly, don't exhibit the bugs that I and many others have experienced.

that's what comes to mind now; soon as I hit send, as I mentioned, I'll prbly remember more!

;-)

cat