[X4U] Best Workhorse Hard Drives?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Fri Jun 29 06:58:57 PDT 2012

After careful consideration, I have decided to go with Synology for a NAS for our small Macintosh workgroup. Actually, I am going to end up with at least 2 Synology NAS servers, one for actual work, and the 2nd as an offsite backup solution. And probably a 3rd as a Time Machine and general purpose backup solution for another workgroup that is a mix of Macs and PCs.

Are there any brand of hard drives I should stay away from? I realize that even the best hard drives will eventually fail, so I plan on having some spare drives on hand.

Joe