[X4U] iPad in school

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Thu Mar 1 09:59:19 PST 2012

On Mar 1, 2012, at 8:55 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> A school here will have 800 iPads for use in the lessons.  The kids like it.

how could they NOT like it?  Seriously…the iPad is probably the coolest device in recent memory, perhaps of all. any child of the 50s and 60s lusted after a wrist tv communicator, or a tricorder that spock used to rock on the enterprise.

still I have serious concerns about the jumping in head first to iPad land. I get what they offer. I'm also realistic about what they take.

cat