[X4U] Bad ram

Robert Ashton rashton at telus.net
Thu Mar 8 05:54:27 PST 2012

Try cleaning the ram contacts (where the ram goes into the ram socket) using a pencil eraser. Eraser should be soft and not gone hard. What happens is over time there will be oxidation build up thus causing a poor contact. As you do this you will notice a change in the color of the contacts. If it is third party ram it could be under warranty as none apple ram can have lifetime warranty. Hope this helps. Email me if you have any questions.  Bob