[X4U] Pages problem

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat May 5 02:14:54 PDT 2012

On May 4, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Frank Pearsall wrote:

> I recently downloaded Mountain Lion. Now, every time I open a
> "Pages" document, a message pops up and tells me that "The file
> “xxx.pages” is locked because you haven’t made any changes to it
> recently." I need to click on "unlock" to work on the document. Is
> there some way to shut this feature off?

What, you don't like this new feature?  8-)

Actually, it was new as of Lion.

Lion has a new (sometimes very frustrating) feature called "auto-
locking."
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4753
(Scroll down to "Lock".)

"Two weeks after the last edit, OS X Lion automatically locks the
document for you.
Tip: You can set the interval for OS X Lion to automatically lock
your documents by clicking the "Options…" button in the Time Machine
System Preferences then choose what interval you want from the "Lock
documents" pop-up menu.
"When you try to make a change on a Locked file, OS X Lion asks if
you want to unlock or duplicate the file.

"When a document is locked you will see a dimmed message of "–
Locked" just to the right of your window title. A lock icon appears
in the bottom left of the proxy icon and also on the document icon in
Finder.

"To unlock your document, click "– Locked" in the title bar and
select "Unlock"."

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html