[X4U] Need to Import Bookmarks

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Mon May 7 18:14:34 PDT 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 8:45 PM,5/7, Jim Mattern wrote:
> We purchased a used MacBook for our home and it came pre-loaded with all of the software.  Everything is working just fine, but I would like to copy all of my bookmarks from my previous computer where I used Safari and import them into Safari on my "new" computer.  How do I do this without going through migration assistant?

1. On the old computer launch Safari, edit  Bookmarks and export them. Move the file to the new machine or mail the file to yourself and open on the new machine and import.
or
2. Set up XMarks on old machine and sync them up to the server then sync them to the new machine.
or
3. set up iCloud to sync them.
or
probably a half dozen other ways but these were all that came immediately to mind. 1 is the easiest. (well, #3 is theoretically the easiest but I've never actually tried to move them that way.)

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil