[X4U] Gmail logging out by itself

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue May 8 08:56:51 PDT 2012

Lately, I've been using gmail and gmail chat more and noticing that it will log out by itself, or appear to.

What I mean is that I'll suddenly see a dialog asking me to Leave Page? or Stay on Page?

Whether I click Stay on Page or not, or do nothing, the pages close up and I'm logged out. This does not correspond with protracted periods of inactivity bcs I've sometimes had hours of no email or chat, but not gotten this dialog and logging out.

Anyone else exp. this and know what the cause/fix might be?

I'm on Lion right now if that makes a diff…10.7.3

cat