[X4U] Download Folder

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sat May 12 11:00:13 PDT 2012

At 19:54 -0700 5/11/12, Al Grappone wrote:
>On May 11, 2012, at 17:53, Conlon Brett wrote:
>
>>If you moved the Downloads folder the Browser is still going to look  in the old location (and maybe even create a new Downloads folder if  it's missing).
>
>The folder location was changed. I did not do it on purpose. I went to  my browser pref and click on download to download folder. Everything  is working fine now. Thanks for taking the time to help. When I  restarted it put everything back where it belonged.

It's interesting that OS 10 works that way.

One of the highly touted things about Apple's alias files of old was the it was perfectly possible to move a directory around without messing up the likes of a browser. I would expect webkit to set up an alias when you change the default location for downloads.

But then OS X is UNIX and neXt underneath and that may have caused yet another loss of good things classic.

--
-->  0010  0100  0110  1000. Who do we appreciate? <--
   With apologies to B Fagin of the Colo Spgs Gazette.