[X4U] Safari 6.0.1

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Sep 22 14:25:20 PDT 2012

On 9/22/12,  Lee A Licata <lazilicata at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the 10.7.5 combined update onto an external hard drive and found
>that it installed Safari 5.1.7. I was expecting it to install 6.0.1.
>
> Thinking I messed up, went into the installer using Pacifist and found
>thatindeed, 5.1.7 is in that package..
>
> Any idea how to get 6.0.1 since apple said it was only in 10.7.5's package?
>
> Or is it only a 10.8 app?

IMO, Safari 6 is crapola. Here's why. the new, but unimproved, clear history,
which does more than that (check the help files), theunibar URL/search window,
trying to get one thing to do multiple tasks (Applebeing like a lemming and
following the trendy browser crowd), loss of the appearance pref and inability
to change standard and fixed fonts and their sizes, via the GUI (even though
there is a way using the Terminal defaults command), and the utterly useless
resizable tab bar spanning the entire browser window.

AFAIK, Apple pulled it from the update, but might have made it only available
via Software Update. It'll stay off my Lion installation. Can't remove it from
the ML one.