[X4U] shipping hard drives: tips?

cat catsoul at thinkplan.org
Mon Aug 19 17:33:42 PDT 2013

I would like to ship a hard drive, but before I do, wanted to gather opinions on the best practices for this. mostly, they are files of things I've created..portfolio type stuff, but there are other things like information, and maybe scans of tax stuff, so perhaps I'd want to make an archive with  password of those things in case, who knows..the drive got swiped by somebody wanting to check out my boring life..but to protect sensitive information certainly.

Am I better off passwording certain folders, or should I create a passworded folder for the whole contents of the drive?

Also, are special anti-static shipping baggies necessary for safe transit, above and beyond cushiony packing material?

Thank you!

cat