[X4U] OS quits

melnyk at msu.edu melnyk at msu.edu
Wed Feb 6 12:37:07 PST 2013

Been there! Run a hardware test on the hard drive using a package like
TechTools.  I suspect that your hard disk is failing and that you will
have to replace it soon. If you can, get a backup hard disk
(internal), do a superduper or clone carbon copier on it (prefer CCC
myself) when you get the hard disk running.  When the hard disk quits
again, simply swap out.  BTW, before cloning the harddisk, do a
permission repair (using disk utility) and a check sectors (can be
done through techtools) just to make sure that your hard disk and its
volume structure are okay.

Wish you luck.

Steven A. Melnyk
Michigan State University